UA South Representatives!

The University of Arizona South selected Emily Tinoco, Arianna Buchanan, and Neeila Borquez to attend the annual HACU National Capitol Forum in Washington, D.C. All are highly motivated and passionate about higher education, and take initiative to support and advocate for others. They are actively involved in their school and community, and have an interest in learning how government works. While at the Forum, each student wrote blog posts describing their experiences. Come along on their journey and read their posts!

Get connected to UA South and UA South's Students!









Thursday, March 28, 2019


Neeila D Borquez, born on March 25, 1991, in Bisbee Arizona. I was raised in a small border town named Naco, Sonora and returned to Bisbee at the age of twelve. I am from Mexican heritage and I was raised surrounded by its culture and traditions. I often spent my time raising my four-year-old son and completing my bachelor's degree and the University of Arizona.

I love reading and learning about others. I currently work for a company who offers services to individuals with mental health problems. Two and a half years of experience in this field lead me to the feeling that there’s always something new to learn. This work environment also gives me a blind hope of a better world with a more sense of humility.

I attended Cochise College and obtained my Associate's degree in Communications. After graduating I took a four-year gap in order to attend the university and look for a further education, since my priority became to raise my child. When going back to school, I decided to work on a bachelor's degree in Human Services and a minor in Psychology. I began this career with the desire of changing someone’s life and contribute in a positive way to the surrounding communities. This eventually gives me the opportunity to meet great people that fill me with their knowledge and contagious me with their enthusiasm on helping those in need.

Today, I continue to work as a Direct Support Professional, attending university full time, and enjoying my son’s company. If there’s any free time left, I enjoy reading, drawing, painting, and getting together with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emily's Back Home!

We are finally back home! It was a amazing trip, my first time in a plane. My fist time in Washington. It is a life changing experience...