UA South Representatives!

The University of Arizona South selected Emily Tinoco, Arianna Buchanan, and Neeila Borquez to attend the annual HACU National Capitol Forum in Washington, D.C. All are highly motivated and passionate about higher education, and take initiative to support and advocate for others. They are actively involved in their school and community, and have an interest in learning how government works. While at the Forum, each student wrote blog posts describing their experiences. Come along on their journey and read their posts!

Get connected to UA South and UA South's Students!









Friday, March 29, 2019

Arianna Buchanan


Hello all, my name is Arianna Buchanan from the rural and united city, San Luis, Arizona. I am nineteen years old and a junior at the University of Arizona Yuma Distance Campus as I pursue an undergraduate degree in Family Studies & Human Development (FSHD) with a minor in Human Services. After a year of attending Arizona Western College (AWC) to complete an associates in FSHD as well, I transferred as a WesternCat to broaden my higher education. This upcoming fall semester I will gladly gain the experience of attending the university on main campus in which I expect to grow as a person and student. Once I graduate on May 2020, I plan to pursue a graduate degree in order to work in higher education as a counselor and eventually as a professor. As a current intern at the UA Yuma Campus, I have found immense pleasure in providing guidance to student prospects as well as those already enrolled. Hopefully with ongoing experience in my field of interest. my qualifications will be of great benefit to those in my community. Lastly, I am thrilled to take part in the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.
Bear Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emily's Back Home!

We are finally back home! It was a amazing trip, my first time in a plane. My fist time in Washington. It is a life changing experience...